Volunteer Rules and Requirements
- Feral Fest volunteers must be at least 18 years old, with valid picture ID. Volunteers must have photo ID with them to check in to volunteer.
- Volunteers will not receive any monetary compensation.
- Volunteers will refrain from consuming any alcohol or drugs while on duty or prior to shift. You will be expected to work and need to remain safe while performing your duties.
- Volunteers will be expected to behave in a professional and respectful manner, show up on time, and wear the provided volunteer attire during their shifts. Failure to comply with these guidelines and requirements will result in forfeiture of your volunteer deposit and removal from the festival. To regain entry, you must purchase a general admission wristband (at $60), no exceptions.
- Free weekend pass
- One free meal ticket
- Volunteer T-shirt
Volunteer Shift Types (Pre-Festival, Post-Festival, During-Festival)
Pre-Festival Set Up
Pre festival volunteers are needed to help us build up the festival grounds. We will be building structures, decorating, landscaping, and everything we need to have ready by festival time. Our teams will be going up three times and volunteers can pick their weekend of choice to come up and help for two six hour shifts.
Pre festival volunteer jobs can be strenuous work, tasks such as clearing campsites, cutting grass, cutting/moving large trees, digging holes, building structures, cleaning debris, setting up decorations etc.
- Free entry to official pre festival events
These volunteers will work one 3 hour shift per day, for three days total, that’s a total of 9 hours over the weekend. They will work all over the festival in different positions. If they wish to work with a friend they must sign up at the same time and select the same position and shifts. All shifts are first-come, first-served so don’t wait until the last minute to signup.
Available Volunteer Positions:
- Entry: Sell/take tickets, give out wristbands, find will-call names
- Greeter: Greet festival goers. Smile! “Welcome to Feral Fest”, Direct cars to parking area.
- Runners: Positioned at the volunteer tent awaiting specific jobs needed to run the festival
- Green team: Helps maintain a green site to keep the festival grounds clean, collects bags of separated trash and move to the collection site.
Post festival volunteers are the ones that remain on the festival grounds the day after the festival ends to help our team with the final cleanup of the festival grounds. The grounds are very important, not only to our team but also to the owners of the property. Therefore it is extremely important to make sure that we leave this beautiful land as perfect as it was prior to the festival. We know from past experience that a poor clean up of any festival can have a very negative effect on the Earth and we strive to make sure Feral Fest will never be the cause of more litter.
Volunteer shifts operate between the hours of 12pm – 12am
All shifts will be a minimum of 3 hours within the following schedule:
12pm – 3pm, 3pm – 6pm, 6pm – 9pm, 9pm -12am
**********Friday 16th, Saturday 17th, and Sunday 18th**********
You must select one shift per day (three shift amounting to nine hours in total).
You will receive a shift schedule prior to the festival.
*By submitting an application, you are agreeing to all of the above guidelines.